Tuesday 12 April 2016

Rainbow cupcakes

Hello everyone,
Today I decided that I was in a baking mood, and thought that it would be a great idea to bake some cupcakes (Rainbow ones).



I decided that I am not advanced enough to make then from scratch so, Greens vanilla cake mix it is. I prepared the cakes like normal. Then sectioned the batter into four. You can chose to do more colours if that's what you want. The colours that I went for were Yellow, Green, Blue and pink. By, the way I made less of the blue batter as the blue tense to overpower the other colours sometimes. I then layered the colours starting with yellow, green, blue, red and repeating till the cupcake cases were 3/4 full. Then baked for 15 minutes on 160 degrees celsius Fanforce. 

I know what your thinking no icing but I like the simplicity for the plain cakes and they still tasted great. Feel free to add icing I recommend plain white buttercream. You can even buy white dye which will come in handy for making white icing.

If you make some sort of rainbow cakes email me or comment me a link to your blog and I will check it out. 

Madi xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment